Senior Technologist Analytics
17 september 2021 Avantium
For our Renewable Chemistry business, we are looking for a Senior Technologist Analytics who will report to the Pilot Plant Manager (line management) and the Team Leader of Application Development and Analytics (functionally). This position covers a broad spectrum...
... ranging from method development to closing the mass balance (unknown determination), and from equipment troubleshooting, configuration re-design to lab management, combined with strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with the following skillset:
- Taking ownership of the analytical challenges
- From hands-on troubleshooting on equipment to sample preparation
- Processing large sample sets, performing under time pressure
- Making the analytical connection with the project chemistry
- Data interpretation, peak identification and calibration
- Proactive communication with your colleagues, project and team leaders, including planning, guarding timelines and reporting
- It is expected from this function to be part of the “analyst-on-duty” team to respond to eventual analytical chemistry emergencies that might arise from the standard operations of the Pilot Plant
The Senior Technologist Analytics has hands-on experience with analytical chemistry from the chemical industry including adapting and configuring the analytics units, and is interested in learning how to develop new methods and strategies.