our challenge as a Lead Engineer
As a Lead Engineer, you scope instrumentation and automation projects for our site in Delfzijl. As a lead engineer you deliver the corresponding deliverables (project scopes, budget estimates, starting points for Basic Engineering Packages) within time, estimated costs, and required quality level. You are responsible to set up the engineering resource planning and budget estimates for the various phases in which the discipline participates. Furthermore, you proactively perform pre-investigations for problems statements and advise clients about available, most cost effective, technical options.
Further to this your tasks will exist of:
- Supporting on defining of the technical scope of projects
- Translating an IF into the required project deliverables which are applicable for the project (phase(s)) in which the discipline participates. Part of these deliverables are for example a project scope, budget estimates and resource requirements for the discipline.
- Participating in- or performing studies if required for the project.
- Advising the project managers in terms of technical options for problem statements within the discipline
- Translating the project scope into activities, time schedules and required resources, taking into account the project specifications, other disciplines involved and other projects which might interfere with the project. Can connect with the right stakeholders (in- and externally)
- Executing basic and detail engineering or assign an engineer
- Recognizing and implementing improvement possibilities within your working domain. For example: changing standards, norms, working procedures, investment in new tools or hiring of external expertise.
About Nobian - A leader in essential chemicals
Nobian is a European leader in the production of essential chemicals for industries ranging from construction and cleaning to pharmaceuticals and water treatment. We excel in the safe and reliable supply of high-purity salt, chlor-alkali and chloromethanes, thanks to our integrated value chain with modern production sites in the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark. Our 1,600 employees are committed to become safer, more efficient and sustainable, to ensure that the essential products of today will keep enriching our lives tomorrow with chemistry you can count on.
At Nobian we take great pride in our strong history and heritage, going back more than 100 years. We value the entrepreneurial spirit of our founders as well as our current strong drive for business excellence, innovation and sustainability. Based on these foundations we have become a leading European company in salt mining, essential chemistry, including green hydrogen, and energy.
Our values guide our behavior and are a crucial part of our strong identity and company culture. They demonstrate what we stand for as a corporate citizen, as a business partner and as an employer. Our values guide our relationships with our partners, suppliers and stakeholders.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life, where employees deliver the best quality, take ownership and take care of each other and our environment. Our employment package comprises:
- A permanent contract with a 2 months’ probation period
- An annual gross salary based on full time employment between EUR 59.500 – EUR 91.000
- An attractive bonus scheme;
- 35 vacation days;
- An excellent pension plan;
- Training opportunities.
Have you got what it takes?
As a Lead Engineer, you bring relevant engineering experience, more specifically within instrumentation and automatization. You act as a team player and with your social skills you know how to collaborate with the project team members, stakeholders and negotiations with contractors, suppliers. You deliver results and find your own way around a site organization in order to achieve goals.
Further to this you recognize yourself in the following points:
- Minimum bachelor’s (HBO) degree in a relevant technical discipline
- Relevant (2-5 years) working experience, preferably within the industry.
- You are proactive and are an ...