The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is committed to enabling a sustainable future. Our unmatched science unlocks immense possibilities at the molecular level, driving sustainable and measurable results to help the world Move Cleaner, Create Smarter and Live Better. Our solutions are used by people every day, improving billions of lives around the world.
We value diversity in professional backgrounds and life experiences. By enabling a consistent, unbiased, and transparent recruitment process, Lubrizol seeks to create a positive experience for candidates so we can get to know them at their best. We recognize unique work and life situations and offer flexibility, ensuring our employees feel engaged and fulfilled in every aspect of life.
Provide planning, work analysis and preparation of work orders related to maintenance activities, including the supervision of contractors, in order to obtain a safe and reliable production plant.
Ensure the maintenance of production equipment, in compliance with the safety regulations, in order to guarantee the availability and accuracy of safe production equipment and in compliance with the legal and Lubrizol HS&E laws and procedures.
Contributes by providing technical expertise in the maintenance of equipment and installations, in order to ensure the continuous production process in the plant.
Communication / contacts
Internal contacts with:
- all levels in the Delfzijl plant: obtain exchange of information
External contacts with:
- Suppliers of materials and services: negotiate and order of supplies
- Contractors: exchange of information concerning daily activities and safety procedures
- technical suppliers for all disciplines
- professional maintenance and engineering contractors
Dimensions & context
(Cfr. general page Delfzijl Plant)
- Maintenance budget below required minimum set as percentage of asset value
- Reliability of the installation
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Co-ordinate the maintenance and non-maintenance activities for facilities and utilities in order to assure the availability to the site
- Organise and co-ordinate the annual shutdown activities
- Realize plant maintenance within maintenance budget (OPEX)
- Guarantee the operational reliability of plant equipment.
- Keep the technical archive up-to-date
- Detect maintenance /electrical problems and make suggestions for improvement
- Compliance with the regulatory; corporate & plant's safety procedures
- Realize document management for Maintenance
Expertise / Knowledge / Skills
- Bachelor degree / level in electrical or mechanical engineering or equal through experience
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience within the chemical industry
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language
- Good computer skills: MS Office, knowledge of ERP-systems
Job-specific behavioural competencies (PDI)
- Thorough technical knowledge and skills
- Good communication skills
- Analytically orientated
- Decisions making
- Building collaborative relationships
- Open communication
- Customer focus
- Results orientated
- Problem solving
If you’re interested in the position, we encourage you to apply. Lubrizol is always looking for candidates who embody our cultural beliefs in everything they do. If you’re All In, Lead Decisively, Take Action, Think External, and can Be Courageous, Lubrizol could be the place for you.